Riverside's Code of Conduct For Coaches consists:
• Prioritise the well-being of all children and adults at all times
• Be a positive role model. Act with integrity, even when no one is looking •
Help to create a safe and inclusive environment both on and off court and promote the Fair Play values: enjoy; respect
• Value and celebrate diversity and make all reasonable efforts to meet individual needs
• Keep clear boundaries between your professional and personal life, including on social media
• Check you have the relevant consent from parents/carers, children and adults before taking or using photos and videos
• Ensure your own roles and responsibilities, and those of everyone you are responsible for, are clearly outlined and everyone has the information, training and support to carry them out
• Where possible, do not be alone with a child or adult at risk
• Do not abuse, neglect, harm or discriminate against anyone; or act in a way that may be interpreted as such*
• Doing nothing is NOT an option: report all concerns and disclosures as soon as possible, following the Concern Reporting Procedure. If someone is in immediate danger, call the police (999).
*It is illegal to have a relationship with someone who is under 18 years old if you are in a position of trust; it is illegal to have a sexual relationship with anyone under the age of 16 whether they give consent or not. The Code of Conduct should be interpreted in a spirit of integrity, transparency and common sense, with the best interests of children and adults at risk as the primary consideration.