1912 Riverside Tennis Club was founded on grass courts off New Bridge Road and close to the River Avon; the club mainly consisted of staff from Bishop Wordsworth School. 1991 In order to provide hard courts for all year round tennis and to allow for expansion the Club moved to the present Fisherton Farm site leased from the former Salisbury District Council. The provision of three all-weather courts and a Portacabin pavilion was made possible by generous financial support of grants from the Lottery Sports Fund, and the Sports Council – South West Region and loans from the Lawn Tennis Association and the Wiltshire Playing Fields Sports & Recreation Council. Also this would not have been possible without the tremendous support, hard work and generosity of the past and current members at that time. 1996 The provision of two more courts equipped with floodlights was supported by the Lawn Tennis Association and the former Salisbury District Council. Levence Leadbeater was made an honorary life member. 2005 After securing a 99 year lease at the Fisherton Farm site, further development followed. We built a permanent pavilion, a sixth court and floodlit two further courts which was made possible by the generous financial support of a grant from Sport England and a loan from the Lawn Tennis Association; the former Salisbury District Council also supported the project. Steve Archer and Fiona Symonds were made honorary life members. 2007 Court Four was renamed the Keith Chapman Court in recognition of all the work and unfailing support he has given the club. 2008 A further fifth court was floodlit with the assistance of a Community Fund Grant from the former Salisbury District Council. 2009 A grant from Wiltshire LTA enabled us to floodlight our sixth court. 2012 At our centenary flag raising ceremony, Keith Chapman was awarded with Lifetime Membership for his dedication and non stop contribution to Riverside.