Club Rule 9 provides that ‘all members are equally entitled to Club Play...’
By way of implementing this rule, The Riverside Committee
has devised arrangements for club play by use of Pegboard. The AIM of these arrangements is to maintain the club’s reputation as a very friendly club
and ensure that each and every member feels Welcome and Valued.
In cases of difficulty, all members are asked to ensure that the arrangements are applied in a manner consistent with the Club Rule and the above-mentioned aim.
Use of Pegboard
ANY QUERIES OR DIFFICULTIES SHOULD BE BROUGHT TO THE ATTENTION OF A COMMITTEE MEMBER
- On arrival, transfer your peg to the ‘Waiting to Play’ line BEHIND those already waiting to play.
- When a court becomes free, the first person ‘waiting to play’ should choose 3 other players from the next 7 who are waiting.
Where possible, NO MORE THAN 2 of the 4 should have just played together.
New members and visitors pegs are marked with a STAR. When a starred peg is within the next 7 waiting pegs, this player is automatically included in the next 4 to play.
- The person choosing should then put the pegs under the appropriate court number.
- At the end of the set of 8 games, transfer the pegs to the end of the ‘Waiting to Play’ line with the winning pair placed first.
- If you do not wish to play again, transfer your peg to the appropriate line.